FortisBC Rebate – Natural Gas Furnace Rebate
Thinking about replacing your old gas furnace? Upgrade to an eligible ENERGY STAR natural gas furnace and you could qualify for a FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace rebate of up to $1,000. Receive an additional $150 rebate when you install an eligible connected thermostat.
|95 – 96.9% annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) furnace||$800|
|97 – 99% annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) furnace||$1000|
- The home must have:
- a residential FortisBC natural gas account (except for strata unit owners installing EnerChoice fireplaces) and/or
- a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity account of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- The home must be either an existing single-family home, duplex, row home, townhouse, stacked home or mobile home on a permanent foundation. Apartments and condos are eligible for fireplace rebates only.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of continuous utility billing prior to the upgrades being made.
- The furnace must be replacing an existing natural gas primary* space heating system that’s a minimum of 10 years old. Emergency replacements of a furnace that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor is not eligible.
- The furnace must be installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a GST number and valid BC business licence.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system, as verified by a photograph included with your application.
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- Only one rebate per home for a primary space heating system and a water heater is allowed.*
- To obtain the additional $150 Connected thermostat rebate, a qualifying thermostat must be installed by your licensed contractor at the same time as the new qualifying furnace.
- Additional eligibility requirements apply.
*A primary space heating system is a furnace, boiler, combination system or an air source heat pump. Natural gas fireplaces are considered secondary space heating systems.
For more information on replacing your old furnace or boiler, call us today!