FortisBC Rebate – Natural Gas Furnace Rebate
Thinking about replacing your old gas furnace? Upgrade to an eligible ENERGY STAR natural gas furnace and you could qualify for a FortisBC Natural Gas Furnace rebate of up to $1,000. Receive an additional $150 rebate when you install an eligible connected thermostat.
|95 – 96.9% efficient furnace||$800|
|97 – 99% efficient furnace||$1000|
- You must be a residential FortisBC natural gas customer, with natural gas as your primary source of heat.
- Your existing furnace must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a furnace that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor is not eligible.
- The furnace must be the home’s primary* source of space heating.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system, as verified by a photograph included with your application.
- To obtain the additional $150 Connected thermostats rebate, a qualifying thermostat must be installed by your licensed contractor at the same time as the new qualifying furnace.
- The furnace must be installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a GST number and valid BC business licence.
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- Additional eligibility requirements apply.
*Only one primary space heating rebate allowed per home. (A fireplace is considered secondary.)
For more information on replacing your old furnace or boiler, call us today!