Furnace Warranties and Rebates
Most furnace manufacturers offer a 10-year parts warranty on units that have been annually serviced. To learn if you qualify for government or manufacturer cash incentives, visit our Rebates page.
Failure to Maintain Your Equipment Will Void This Warranty
1. COVERAGE ON EQUIPMENT AND PARTS INSTALLATION
BC Furnace & Air Conditioning Ltd. (aka BC Furnace) provides one (1) year parts and labour warranty on equipment and parts supplied and installed by BC Furnace from the date of the original installation.
If during this period the covered equipment, components, or parts fail because of a manufacturing defect or faulty workmanship, BC Furnace will cover the parts and labour at no charge.
In the event a BC Furnace technician diagnoses the cause of the equipment, component, or parts failure is not related to the manufacturing defect or our workmanship, our regular service charge (call out charge and labour charge + tax) will apply.
The installation of replacement parts under the terms of this warranty does not extend the original warranty period.
2. COVERAGE ON ANNUAL SERVICE AND SAFETY INSPECTION AND BREAKDOWN REPAIR
BC Furnace provides 30 days labour warranty on our annual service and safety inspection and breakdown repair from the date of our technician’s first visit.
If during this period the covered equipment, components or parts incurred the same problem after a BC Furnace technician serviced or repaired the equipment, BC Furnace will dispatch one of our technicians at the first available time during our regular business hours at no charge.
In the event a BC Furnace technician diagnoses the cause of the equipment, components or parts failure is not related to our technician’s last visit, our regular service charge (call out charge and labour + tax) will apply.
The aforementioned service or repair under the terms of this warranty does not extend the original warranty period.
3. Regular Business Hours – Time for Service
All warranty services or repairs will be performed during our regular business hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
4. Proof of Maintenance – Care of Equipment
Most manufacturers provide a 5-year parts warranty on their covered equipment and components from the date of the original unit installation. They also require the homeowner to provide written documentation of annual and other periodic preventative maintenance on the equipment as per the manufacturer warranty policy, failure to provide proof of maintenance will void the manufacturer warranty.
5. Warranty Limitations – This warranty does not cover if:
- The homeowner is unable to provide written documentation of annual and other periodic preventative maintenance on the equipment.
- Damage or repairs resulting from lack of periodic maintenance and/or regular servicing, or from misapplication, abuse, misuse, improper servicing or alteration, or improper operation of the equipment.
- The refinishing of cabinet parts, bases, mountings, decorations, trim remote condensate pumps, thermostats, electrical services or drains external to the covered equipment.
- Loss, damage, or repairs or maintenance is required as a result of water and hail damage, theft, earthquakes, riots, winds, fire, lightning, accidents, corrosive atmosphere or other conditions beyond the control of BC Furnace or the manufacturer.
- Failure to operate due to, but not limited to, voltage conditions, blown fuses, open circuit breakers, or other damage due to the inadequacy of interruption of electrical service.
- The covered equipment, components or parts that are removed from the original installation location or are tampered with by anyone other than a BC Furnace technician.
- Cosmetic damage such as, but not limited to: Scratches, dents or rust.
- Non-functional parts such as, but not limited to: Plastics, finishes, porcelain or enamel parts, knobs and dials, handles, accessory items (such as water or electrical connections), venting equipment and decals.
- Equipment where the serial plate attached to the equipment is removed, defaced or made illegible.
- Service made mandatory by change in Federal, Provincial or local regulations.
- Additional or usual utility bills incurred due to any malfunction or defect in the equipment, components or parts.
- Any expenses incurred by the homeowner for the parts and labour which were not provided by BC Furnace
- Any expenses incurred by the homeowner resulting in loss of wages, hotel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses.
6. Refund Policy:
- Covered equipment installed by BC Furnace within one year:
No charge for parts and labour for equipment failure within 1 year from installation date.
- Covered equipment installed by BC Furnace more than 1 year
BC Furnace will charge the customer the full amount for the parts and labour. Once the warranty claim is approved and BC Furnace is credited by the manufacturer, we will reimburse the customer the full amount of our parts charge. No refund for the labour.
In the event that the covered equipment comes with manufacturer extended labour warranty, BC Furnace will reimburse the customer the amount that BC Furnace is credited by the manufacturer.
- Covered equipment installed by ANOTHER COMPANY
BC Furnace will charge the customer the full amount for the parts and labour. Once the warranty is approved and BC Furnace is credited by the manufacturer, we will reimburse our parts charge, minus and manufacturer warranty processing fee, plus shipping and handling, as well as, any administrative charges. No refund for labour.
- In the event the covered equipment comes with the manufacturer extended labour warranty, BC Furnace will reimburse the customer the amount that BC Furnace is credited by the manufacturer.