FortisBC Rebate – Connect to Gas Program
By connecting to natural gas, you can save energy and money while enjoying the cozy warmth your family needs. Natural gas is piped directly to your home, meaning no more oil storage tank, wood chopping or filling propane tanks, and you’ll have more options for additional natural gas appliances too. In total, natural gas customers replacing their heating system with a high-efficiency natural gas system may qualify to get a rebate of up to $1,700.
Plus, get an additional $300 rebate if you also install a natural gas barbecue, patio heater, outdoor fireplace or fire pit.
You may also apply for an additional rebate of up to $1,000 if you install an eligible natural gas high-efficiency water heater or P9 certified combination heating and hot water system.
- You must submit a pre-qualification application before installing your upgrades.
- Program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- You must convert your home’s oil, wood or propane heating system to natural gas (or from oil or wood to propane in a FortisBC piped propane services area). Rebate amounts will be calculated in accordance with the heating system installed.
- Only one Connect to Gas rebate per appliance or system is available.
- You must apply for your Connect to Gas rebate within 60 days of installation.
For more information on how we can help you switch to natural gas, call us today!