Fortis BC Rebate – Connect to Gas Program
Get up to $3,700 in rebates when you pre-qualify between September 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021 and install eligible natural gas equipment by June 30, 2021.
By connecting to natural gas, you can save energy and money while enjoying the cozy warmth your family needs. Natural gas is piped directly to your home, meaning no more oil storage tank, wood chopping or filling propane tanks, and you’ll have more options for additional natural gas appliances too. In total, natural gas customers converting their Heating or Heating and Hot Water Systems to natural gas may qualify to get a bonus rebate of $700, for up to $2,400 in equipment rebates. Please check the list of eligible models for more information.
Plus, get an additional $300 rebate if you also install a natural gas barbecue, patio heater, outdoor fireplace or fire pit.
You may also apply for an additional rebate of up to $1,000 if you install an eligible natural gas high-efficiency water heater or P9 certified combination heating and hot water system.
- You must be a residential customer of FortisBC.
- Program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- You must convert your home’s oil, wood or propane heating system to natural gas (or from oil or wood to propane in a FortisBC piped propane services area). Rebate amounts will be calculated in accordance with the heating system installed.
- To qualify for the additional $700 bonus rebate, you must obtain your pre-qualification code between September 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021, and installation must be done before June 30, 2021.
- Only one Connect to Gas per dwelling.
- You must apply within 60 days of installation.
For more information on how we can help you switch to natural gas, call us today!