ENERGY STAR Water Heater Rebate
Switch out your existing water heater to a natural gas Energy Star Water Heater to save on energy costs and you could be eligible for a rebate of up to $1,000.
- The home must have:
- a residential FortisBC natural gas account (except for strata unit owners installing EnerChoice fireplaces) and/or
- a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity account of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- The home must be either an existing single-family home, duplex, row home, townhouse, stacked home or mobile home on a permanent foundation. Apartments and condos are eligible for fireplace rebates only.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of continuous utility billing prior to the upgrades being made.
- The existing primary water heating system must be replaced with a new, eligible natural gas water heater. Warranty replacements are not eligible.
- The water heater must be installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a GST number and a valid BC business licence.
- Rebates cannot exceed the paid cost on the invoice.
- Only one rebate per home for a primary space heating system and a water heater is allowed.*
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- Additional eligibility requirements apply.
*A primary space heating system is a furnace, boiler, combination system or an air source heat pump. Natural gas fireplaces are considered secondary space heating systems.
Qualifying ENERGY STAR Water Heater Types:
|WATER HEATER TYPE||EFFICIENCY RATING||REBATE|
|Storage tank||0.67 to 0.70||$200|
|Condensing tankless||0.90 to 0.99||$1,000|
|Condensing storage tank||up to 98 percent||$1,000|
For more information on switching your existing water heater to a natural gas ENERGY STAR Water Heater, call us today!