Combination Heating and Hot Water System Rebate
Switch out your old natural gas boiler with an eligible ENERGY STAR® boiler and you could qualify for a $1,000 rebate. Replace your old natural gas space heating system with an eligible combination heating and hot water system and you could qualify for a $1,500 rebate.
- The home must have:
- a residential FortisBC natural gas account (except for strata unit owners installing EnerChoice fireplaces) and/or
- a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity account of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- The home must be either an existing single-family home, duplex, row home, townhouse, stacked home or mobile home on a permanent foundation. Apartments and condos are eligible for fireplace rebates only.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of continuous utility billing prior to the upgrades being made.
- The new boiler or combination system must be installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a GST number and valid BC business licence.
- The new boiler or combination system must be replacing an existing natural gas primary* space heating system that’s a minimum of 10 years old.
- Warranty replacements or emergency replacements of space heating systems not in working order or deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor are not eligible for rebates.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR boiler or eligible combination heating and hot water system** with a two-pipe direct vent system (to be verified by submitting a photograph as part of your application).
- Rebates cannot exceed the paid cost on the invoice.
- Only one rebate per home for a primary space heating system and a water heater is allowed.*
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- The home must have:
*A primary space heating system is a furnace, boiler, combination system or an air source heat pump. Natural gas fireplaces are considered secondary space heating systems.
**Only one primary space heating rebate allowed per home. (A fireplace is considered secondary.) Combination systems qualify as both a primary space heating and primary water heating rebate.
|94 per cent or higher AFUE boiler||$1,000|
|ENERGY STAR certified natural gas combination heating and hot water system||$1,200 (plus two-upgrade $300 bonus)|
|P9 certified combination heating and hot water system||$1,200 (plus two-upgrade $300 bonus)|
For more information on replacing your old natural gas boiler, call us today!