Fortis BC Rebate – Furnace and Boiler Income Qualified Program
Income-qualified customers who replace their old natural gas furnace or boiler with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model could qualify for up to a $3,000 rebate on a furnace, or a $2,000 rebate on a boiler. Alternatively, customers who upgrade to an eligible natural gas ENERGY STAR® water heater could qualify for a rebate ranging from $500 to $2,500.
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer with only one active residential natural gas account and have natural gas as your primary source of heat.
- Your combined annual household income (from all sources) must be below the maximum shown for your household size. Proof of income is required.
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||MAXIMUM HOUSEHOLD INCOME|
|7 or more people||$90,900|
- Your existing furnace or boiler must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a furnace or boiler that is not in working order, or is deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor, are not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR or equivalent furnace or boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system (to be verified by submitting a photograph as part of your application).
- You must have purchased, installed and paid in full for your furnace, boiler, or water heater on, or after, April 1, 2019.
- Applications must be submitted within one year of the installation date.
- To obtain an additional $150 Connected thermostats rebate, a qualifying thermostat must be installed by your licensed contractor at the same time as the new qualifying furnace.
- Your home must be 10+ years old and less than 3,500 square feet.
Call us today for more information on replacing your old furnace, boiler, or water heater!