FortisBC Rebate – Natural Gas Fireplace Rebate
Upgrade your natural gas fireplace to an eligible EnerChoice® model and you could get a $300 FortisBC rebate.
- The home must have:
- a residential FortisBC natural gas account (except for strata unit owners installing EnerChoice fireplaces) and/or
- a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity account of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- The home must be either an existing single-family home, duplex, row home, townhouse, stacked home or mobile home on a permanent foundation. Apartments and condos are eligible for fireplace rebates only.
- The home must have a minimum of 12 months of continuous utility billing prior to the upgrades being made.
- The fireplace must be installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a GST number and valid BC business licence.
You must be installing a new eligible EnerChoice fireplace. Warranty replacements are not eligible.
- Only interior installations are eligible for a rebate. Outdoor fireplaces don’t qualify.
- Rebates cannot exceed the paid cost on the invoice.
- Only one rebate per home for a primary space heating system and a water heater is allowed.*
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
*A primary space heating system is a furnace, boiler, combination system or an air source heat pump. Natural gas fireplaces are considered secondary space heating systems.
Call us today for more information on upgrading your current fireplace to a natural gas EnerChoice model!