I was reading an article this morning from the Calgary Herald and the reporter was shocked at the poor quality of a vast amount of houses currently for sale on the Vancouver market. Research suggests that most buyers make up their minds within the first two minutes of entering a home, so it makes sense to concentrate on the things that will first catch their eye. In general that means the entrance, kitchen and main-floor bath. From experience, a well decorated and inspirational nursery can also add a certain WOW factor to any potential young couples looking to start building their nest.
- Repairing anything that is obviously broken or damaged.
- Depersonalize, you want the buyers to imagine they live there.
- Neutral decor, you may think you have a great style… others might not.
- Consider the kitchen, simple renos can add long-term value to your home.
- Promote the energy efficiency of your home, and the investments made in heating.