Fortis BC Rebate – New Home Construction
Receive rebates of up to $2,000 when building an ENERGY STAR® qualified new home, or rebates of up to $1,300 when installing high-efficiency natural gas appliances with the New Home Program.
To qualify for incentives through this program, the home(s) must be:
- new construction and built in FortisBC’s electricity* and/or natural gas service areas
- completed construction by March 31, 2018, with applications submitted by September 30, 2018
- constructed on a permanent foundation, to a maximum of 600 metres in area and four stories high
- one of the following:
- detached house (may include a secondary suite)
- attached houses (e.g. semi-detached, row house or attached house with or without a secondary suite)
- multi-unit residential building (e.g. stacked townhouses, duplexes, triplexes and wood frame apartment buildings)
- laneway homes
*Includes Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro.